Looking to spend some quality time with your family or a friend? Or maybe you just need some alone time. Perhaps you're looking for a thoughtful gift for a special person.
U-Pick flowers is the perfect solution.
- U-Pick Flowers opens SATURDAY, JULY 15 and closes in early OCTOBER.
- The U-Cut Flower Garden is open to the public ONLY on select days.
- Hours are in the mornings, since flowers picked in the heat of the day wilt quickly (so sad!) and don't last as long. The earlier you can come, the better!
- We close at noon, so plan on arriving around 11am. Most people spend about an hour here.
***Hours subject to change, due to weather or unforeseen circumstances***
***ALL CLOSURES/CHANGES WILL BE POSTED ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE***
WHAT TO BRING...
- A jar, vase, bucket or container to bring your flowers home. We have water to fill up your jar, so your flowers will stay fresh on the way home. (We do have vases/jars for sale at the Farm Stand for $2.00)
- Farm appropriate shoes/sandals. We have free range chickens roaming around. Watch your step!
- Your own clippers or scissors, if desired. We do provide them if you don't have any.
- Water bottles. The sun can get hot!
- Sunscreen. The U-Pick Flower Garden is an open field, without shade.
- Respectful children! This is our personal property and we have worked hard so we can share it with others - we want to keep it that way! :) Please DO NOT allow children to chase, harass or tease our animals in any way, or purposely destroy our property. You will be asked to leave.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
- Pets of any kind. If you have a service dog, please alert us ahead of time.
- Children or adults with severe bee/wasp sting reactions. No one has been stung before (bees are NOT interested in stinging people while they are out foraging) but there is always a chance. Flower and vegetable farms are quite literally buzzing with bees and other pollinators... and that is a good thing!
NOT SURE HOW U-PICK FLOWERS WORKS? NO WORRIES!
Here's how it works:
1. Park in our parking lot
Park in the designated lot by the Farm Stand.
If that parking lot is full, please use our house driveway and park in the grass in front of the barn. For your safety, please do not go near the barn or the electric fence!
2. Walk over to the farm stand
Someone will be there to greet you and show you how to get started!
PLEASE SUPERVISE CHILDREN CAREFULLY UNTIL THEY ARE IN THE ENCLOSED U-PICK FLOWER GARDEN.
We are located on a busy corner with fast moving traffic. The U-Pick Flower Garden is fully enclosed to help keep your kids safe, but please be vigilant with small children.
3. Select your Vessel: pitcher or bucket
This year, we are switching to the "as many flowers as you can fit in this vessel" option, for one flat rate. You will love it! You're free to wander in the garden, cutting whatever you want!
We offer two different options:
- $15 for a pitcher full of flowers (flowers only -pitchers are not for sale)
- $30 for a bucket full of flowers (flowers only -buckets are not for sale)
The pitcher holds a surprising amount of flowers, enough to create about 1 - 2 quart sized mason jar bouquets, depending on what flowers you choose.
The bucket holds enough flowers for about 2 - 4 quart sized mason jar bouquets, depending on what flowers you choose.
4. Fill up your pitcher/bucket
After you select your vessel (pitcher or bucket), and fill it with water from the Farm Sink, wander out into the garden. Take your time. Many people like to look at everything first before they start cutting.
Be sure to cut your flower stems long enough - the length from your wrist to your elbow is just about perfect. You can always trim them later!
Gently strip/cut off all the foliage/leaves from the lower 2/3 of the stem. This helps you fit more flowers in your pitcher/bucket.
Watch the short video below for a tutorial!
5. Arrange your flowers (optional)
If you purchased a vase (or brought your own), feel free to sit down and arrange your flowers at our picnic table.
The table is there for you to rest, relax and create. Take your time and have fun!
Chat with your friends and family as you craft your bouquet or arrangement. Maybe you'll even meet some new friends!
6. Pay for your flowers
Please return the pitcher/bucket and scissors before you head home.
You will need to transfer your flowers into your bucket/vase/container to take them home. Our pitchers and buckets are not for sale.
We can supply you with water to fill your vase/container, as well as rubber bands and wrapping paper, if needed.
We accept cash or check.
7. Share the love!
Please post a photo of your bouquet/arrangement on Facebook or Instagram, and tag us at #threeacrefarm so we can admire your creation!