Looking to spend some quality time with your family or a friend? Or maybe you just need some alone time. Perhaps you're looking for a thoughtful gift for a special person. U-Pick flowers is the perfect solution.
You're going to love wandering among our flowers and picking the ones that make your heart sing for joy! When you bring your stunning bouquet home, it's sure to bring a smile to your face all week long.
The U-Cut Flower Garden is open to the public on select days.
Hours are in the mornings, since flowers don't like being picked in the middle of the day - they wilt quickly and don't last as long.
***Hours subject to change, depending on the weather and availability. CHECK OUR FACEBOOK PAGE for updates before planning your visit!***
Wednesday: 9-12 PM
Saturday: 9-12 PM
NOT SURE HOW U-PICK FLOWERS WORKS? NO WORRIES!
Here's how it works:
1. GRAB A CLIPBOARD, BUCKET AND SCISSORS.
Head over to the Farm Stand and pick up a:
- Clipboard. The clipboard will have a Flower Price List sheet on it. Use this sheet to keep track of what you pick and calculate your payment. This is a great job for kids to practice their reading and math skills! Please leave the sheet with us - we use them to track sales and flower popularity.
- Bucket. Fill your bucket with fresh water from the hose.
- Scissors. Remember what your mother told you - no running with scissors! Our insurance agent wants us to remind you too. Ha!
*You may bring your own vase to fill, if desired.
2. CHECK OUT THE FARM STAND selection.
Check out the selection of Pre-Cut Flowers at the Farm Stand to choose as the foundation of your bouquet (the big, bold flowers, such as Sunflowers and Dahlias).
Most bouquets/arrangements look best when they include 1-5 "Focal Point" flowers.
These flowers are "Pre-Cut" for you because they are fussy or fragile, and have special cutting needs in order to have the longest vase life.
3. FILL YOUR BUCKET with flowers.
After you have chosen your "Focal Point" flowers, walk into the U-Pick Flower Garden and fill up the bucket with more flowers!
Be sure to cut your flower stems long enough - the length from your wrist to your elbow is just about perfect. You can always trim them later!
4. PAY AT THE FARM STAND.
When you are finished, head back to the farm stand and:
- Tally up your total. We will have calculators available. :)
- Please leave your Flower Price List sheet with us - it helps us determine which flowers are our best sellers so we can better meet your needs in the future.
- If you would like to purchase a vase, they are available at the Farm Stand for $2.
We accept cash or check (made out to "Three Acre Farm").
5. ARRANGE YOUR FLOWERS (optional).
If you purchased a vase (or brought your own), feel free to sit down and arrange your flowers at our picnic tables.
The tables are there for you to rest, relax and create. Take your time and have fun!
Chat with your friends and family as you craft your bouquet or arrangement. Maybe you'll even meet some new friends!
6. Return containers/Buckets and scissors.
Please return the containers and scissors before you head home.
Also, be sure to leave your Flower Price List sheet with us.
7. Share the love!
Please post a photo of your bouquet/arrangement on Facebook or Instagram, and tag us at #threeacrefarm so we can admire your creation!